Audio Technica AT440MLa – VM Phono Cartridge
The AT440MLa dual magnet cartridge features a MicroLine shaped, diamond tip for improved high frequency response with less wear and distortion than conventional linear or elliptical styli.
The MicroLine stylus almost exactly duplicates the shape of the cutting stylus used to produce the original master disc. This enables it to track portions of the groove other styli cannot reach, resulting in extremely accurate tracing of high frequency passages and ruler-flat frequency response within the audible range..
The AT440MLa also features Audio-Technica’s unique Paratoroidal Signal Generator. This unique signal generating system is composed of a unified, laminated coil core wound with a single piece of wire. Internal mechanical and electrical connections are eliminated, minimising magnetic losses and ensuring better signal transfer..
A gold plated beryllium cantilever improves stability whilst the dual magnet system offers excellent channel separation.
- Frequency Response – 20-20,000 Hz
- Channel Separation – 27 dB at 1kHz
- Channel Balance – 0.8 dB
- Tracking Force – 1.0-1.8 grams
- Vertical Tracking Angle – 20°
- Recommended Load Impedance – 47,000 ohms
- Output Voltage – 4.0 (mV at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- Stylus Shape – Microline
- Stylus Construction – Nude square
- Mount – Half-inch
- Weight – 6.5g
- Replacement Stylus – ATN440MLa