Cambridge Audio Edge W Power Amplifier
Pre-owned. Excellent condition.
Current RRP $5,999
Image of actual unit for sale.
Images in description below are stock photos.
- Hand-picked components – hours of listening to select only those that sound the best.
- Twin Toroidal Transformers – huge reserves of power for consistent tonality.
- Cambridge Audio proprietary Class XA Amplification – no audible crossover distortion.
- Short signal path – Only 14 components between you and your music.
- Perfect partners – pair your Edge W with the Edge NQ to create your perfect system.
‘Cambridge Audio has surpassed itself with the Edge NQ/W combination… lovely to look at, nice to use and packed to the gunwales with features.’
The best power-amplifier we have ever made.
Edge W is made to be played loud. When you do turn it up, expect nothing but a dynamic and punchy sound that captures all the musicality of your songs. With just 14 hand-picked components, Edge W has one of the cleanest signal paths available. It delivers our breath-taking, unadulterated British sound – nothing added, nothing taken away.More musical detail.
We pioneered the use of toroidal transformers in amplifiers, which led to improved performance. In Edge we take this one step further, using opposing symmetry twin toroidal transformers. This cancels out electromagnetic interference whilst offering outstanding power and maintaining consistent tonality, no matter how loud it’s played.Effortless power without distortion.
Using standard Class A amplifier technology wasn’t going to be efficient enough for Edge W. Instead we added a bias voltage to a traditional Class AB design, reducing distortion to inaudible levels. This unique configuration also produces less heat and makes the whole system much more effective.Perfect partners.
Edge systems are designed to work in perfect synchronisation. Match the Edge W with our most versatile Preamplifier Network player, Edge NQ, to create a hi-fi system with a sound, and a look, unlike anything else.