The latest model in the popular Innovation series shows clearly how even the best is constantly being further developed and brought to new sonic heights at Clearaudio.
The 70mm-thick, dynamically balanced platter made of resonance damping plastic with a 15mm-thick precision-machined stainless steel sub platter delivers the highest mechanical standards. The Master Innovation doubles the inertia of the Innovation.
Incredible rotational speed stability is achieved thanks to the combination of the patented Clearaudio ceramic magnetic bearing (CMB) supplemented by an additional flywheel and a high torque DC motor. An infrared sensor sends signals to an optical speed control mechanism to consistently maintain the perfect speed, while non-contact magnetic decoupling of the drive prevents any vibration or noise from the motor system from reaching the main turntable. Consequently, speed variations are eradicated and perfect pitch is obtained. The Master Innovation provides the ability to mount up to three tonearms. Existing Innovation owners have the option to upgrade to Master Innovation level.
- Resonance–optimised chassis shape
- Made of bullet proof wood and aluminium with precision CNC machined surface
- All turntable feet are fine adjustable
- Optical Speed Control (OSC)
- Playback with three tonearms possible
||Comfortable speed change
33 ⅓, 45 and 78 rpm
- High torque DC motor exclusively made for Clearaudio; Optical Speed Control (OSC) in real time through infrared sensor
- Decoupled DC motor in chassis; resonance damping device; belt-driven
- Magnetic decoupling of turntable and addtional drive platter
- Clearaudio patented ceramic magnetic bearing (CMB) in main platter / upper drive platter assembly
- Inverted bearing in lower drive platter
||70 mm (2.75 inch) main platter, made out of synthetic material with high density and excellent dimension stability, precision CNC machined surface, solid stainless steel subplatter, dynamically balanced
15 mm (4/5 inch) precision CNC machined dynamically balanced stainless steel sub–platter
||< ± 0.05 %
||Max. consumption: 9.5 Watt
Consumption in operation: 4.1 Watt
Standby mode: 2.4 Watt
Off mode: 0.0 Watt
||Approx. 60 kg (without tonearm and power supply)
|Dimensions (W/D/H in inches)
||Approx. 18.11 x 19.09 x 15.59 (with tonearmbase, without tonearm)
|Dimensions (W/D/H in mm)
||Approx. 460 x 485 x 396 (with tonearmbase, without tonearm)
* Provided the warranty card is fully completed and returned to Clearaudio within 2 weeks of purchase.
What the papers say
With this device, you can explore the lower octave levels in all their detail. It almost felt, as if the record grooves were as big as the Mariana Trench and the listener could dive with a special submarine into its deepest nooks and recesses in order to illuminate everything perfectly with its spotlights.
A spectacular and impressive turntable, especially when mounted on the matching Olymp stand, the Master Innovation visibly justifies its rather grand title.