Naim Uniti Core Reference Hard-Disk Server
Uniti Core represents the essence of digital music. It is a seriously powerful machine that will allow you to rip your entire CD collection, store up to 100,000 tracks, serve files to Uniti all-in-one players or other Naim streamers and create a back-up for all of your music. You can also use Uniti Core as a standalone digital source – simply connect it to a digital-to-analogue converter or an amplifier with digital inputs and control playback via the Naim app. Uniti Core is a fuss-free, no-compromise solution to ripping, storing, cataloguing and playing your entire music collection.
The compact, yet powerful Uniti Core is the perfect hub for your digital music collection. Every element of this dedicated music server – from the customised operating system, the enhanced ripping engine and the linear power supply to the low-vibration aluminium casework – has been engineered to deliver consistent, reliable performance and highest sound quality. Advanced Ethernet technology means that Uniti Core simply will not buckle under stress, enabling UPnP™ players on the network or a connected DAC to perform at their best.
Uniti Core uses a unique ripping engine to ensure that the extracted data represents a flawless, bit-perfect copy of the CD. Simply insert your CD and wait a minute or two. Uniti core will then automatically catalogue your ripped music using Rovi’s vast online database, allowing you to search by title, artist, genre, track or composer via the Naim app. You’ll never lose a CD again.
Uniti Core gives complete flexibility, however you wish to store and play your music. Choose to fit a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) or SSD (Solid State Drive) with a capacity of up to 8 TB – enough space for 100,000 tracks. While Unit Core is ideal for ripping CDs, it also features a folder for downloads and rips made to other devices, giving you a single store for your entire music collection. Plus, Uniti Core will remind you to back up your collection, so you’ll never have to worry about losing your precious tracks.
Uniti Core allows you to serve as many as 12 independent musics steams to Uniti all-in-one devices or other UPnP capable streamers with up to 32 bits/384kHz.
The new intuitive Naim app gives you effortless control over individual or multiple Uniti products. You can access all of your music, including ripped CDs and playlists, or explore artist discographies and biographies. Furthermore, you can now update your system with a single tap. The new app also allows you to control Uniti Core and Naim streaming products.
- UPnP (Universal Plug’n’Play)
- CD Ripping
- Digital Output
- Storage and Backup
- File formats: WAV, FLAC, DSD, ALAC, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media, Ogg and MP3
- Wireless Updates
- 2 x USB Type A socket (front and rear)
- 1 x BNC S/PDIF
- Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps)
- Wireless updates
- Multiroom: Serve up to 4 network-connected players via UPnP™ at full CD quality.
- Party Mode Streaming: Sync up to six Uniti all-in-one players or other Naim streamers and control via the Naim app.
- Serve up to 12 network-connected players via UPnP™
- Music stored locally on Uniti Core:
- 384k 32-Bit WAV, 24576kb/s: <3 streams
- 384k 24-Bit WAV, 18232kb/s: <5 streams
- 192k 24-Bit WAV, 9216kb/s: >12 streams
- 44.1k 16-Bit WAV, 1411kb/s: >16 streams
- Music stored on a NAS:
- 192k 24-Bit WAV, 9216kb/s: <8 streams
Ripping and Storage:
- Store up to 100,000 tracks to internal (HDD or SSD – up to 8TB) or external Network Attached Storage or USB-connected storage and serve to a network-connected player.
- CD Ripping: Create bit-perfect copies of your CDs, store them internally and play back (external DAC or digital input amplifier needed).
- Audio CD (Red Book, CD and CD-R)
- WAV (up to 32bits/384kHz)
- FLAC and AIFF (up to 24bit/384kHz)
- ALAC (Apple Lossless) – up to 24bit/384kHz
- MP3 – up to 48kHz, 320kbit (16 bit)
- AAC – up to 48kHz, 320kbit (16 bit)
- OGG and WMA – up to 48kHz (16 bit)
- DSD – 64 and 128Fs
Notes: Gapless playback supported on all formats
- Typical Use (no storage attached): 6.7W
- Network Standby (no storage attached): <2W
- Deep Sleep: <0.5W
Note: Power consumption will be increased with the addition of user fitted storage (typical increase of approximately 8W for an internal HDD, dependant on the specification of storage)
- 100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
- App Control: Naim App for iOS and Android
- 95mm x 214mm x 265mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 7kg
- Brushed and anodised aluminium
- Power-Line Lite mains cable (UK only); Standard mains cable (international markets)
- Cleaning cloth
- Drive caddy screws
- BNC to Phono Connector
- Quick start guide.
Please note: not sold with an internal hard drive – features a removable caddy into which an HDD or SSD can be installed
- Rovi, NTFS, HFS+
- Mains Cable : Power-Line Lite mains cable (UK denominations only