Canor PH 2.10
Tube Phono Preamplifier
CANOR PH 2.10 is an all-tube phono preamplifier for MM and MC cartridges. It contains the minimum number of amplification steps required to apply purely passive corrections.
01 Without any global feedback, which results in excellent sound performance
02 It contains the minimum number of amplification steps required to apply purely passive corrections
03 Designed for both MM and MC cartridges with high variability of resistances and capacitances settings
To remove mechanical hum, the transformer core is vacuum impregnated, and the entire transformer is encapsulated in a special anti-vibration compound. In addition, the massive, welded cover in which the transformer is located creates effective electromagnetic shielding and contributes significantly to the excellent signal-to-hum distance.
For both MM and MC
If the turntable contains two arms and an MM cartridge is installed on one and an MC on the other, they can be connected at the same time without any interference.
The RCA MM or MC input is selected on the front panel using the buttons.
No global feedback
The whole connection is without any global feedback, which results in excellent sound performance, but it places extremely high demands on the selection of used electronics. The RIAA correction is passive and consists only of quality polystyrene and polypropylene capacitors. The output capacitor is also of high quality (polypropylene foil).
CMT ™ technology
The use of CMT ™ technology (CANOR ® PCB Milling Technology) was a matter of course in the design of Canor PH 2.10 printed circuit boards.
Because very small signal amplitudes are processed in the turntable preamplifier, this technology has been even more beneficial than in our other products.
- it allows an exceptionally large variability of gain adjustment and selection of the correct values of resistances and capacitances for all types of transmissions.
- the MC cartridges are connected to the preamplifier input using a high-quality Lundahl step-up transformer.
- to remove mechanical hum, the transformer core is vacuum impregnated and the entire transformer is encapsulated in a special anti-vibration compound.
- the primary and secondary windings of the transformer are separated by a shielding copper foil with a 50 % overlap, which prevents the penetration of interfering voltages from the network.
- the only high-quality polypropylene capacitors are used in the signal path. The RIAA correction is passive and consists only of quality polystyrene and polypropylene capacitors. The output capacitor is also of high quality (polypropylene foil).
- designed without overall feedback. The first and second amplification stages are made up of 12AX7, among which a subsonic filter is put. The third and fourth stages are made up of 12AT7.
|Load capacity MM / Gain||50, 150, 270, 370, 520, 620, 740, 840 pF / Gain: 47 dB|
|Input impedance MC / Gain||10, 20, 40, 80, 150, 300, 600, 1.200 Ω / Gain: 71 dB|
|Output impedance||< 500 Ω|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||MM / MC <0,2% / 1V RMS|
|Subsonic filter / threshold frequency||18 dB / Octave / 18 Hz|
|RIAA accuracy within||0,3 dB / 20 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Signal-to-noise ratio MM||84 dB|
|Signal-to-noise ratio MC||80 dB|
|Tube complement||2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7WC|
|Power||230 V / 50 Hz / 50 VA|
|Dimensions (w x h x d)||435 x 120 x 405 mm|
|Weight (net)||14 kg|
Canor PH 2.10 – Review – Diapason (FR)
Canor PH 2.10 – Review – LP Magazin (DE)
Canor PH 2.10 – Review – Fidelity (DE)
Canor PH 1.10. & PH 2.10 – Recenzia – FONO.DE HiFi-Plattenspieler (DE)
Canor PH 2.10 – Review – Stereo (EN)