Audion Silver Night 300B Anniversary Mono Block amplifiers
EXCLUSIVELY IMPORTED BY HIFI COLLECTOR
This is our intermediate level, zero feedback, Push Pull power amplifier, using 300B tubes. Hand built and point to point hard wired using solid silver 5 *9’s in some of the audio path. The amp is auto biased. It will take almost any 300B (Unit is supplied with JJ tubes) delivers a conservative 24 CLEAN watts into 8 ohms. Therefore, it has the power of competitors boasting 40-45W.
Audion Silver Night 300B Push Pull triode based mono-block amp uses no (zero) feedback in the design. Auto biased.
Wherever possible the components are sourced from Europe and the USA avoiding inferior Chinese components.
The Audion Silver Night Parallel single ended amplifier comes with JJ 300B’s, but can also be made with PX25 or 2A3 tubes upon request. This amp is best suited for use with loudspeakers of 86db or better efficiency. Ideally matched with our range of Electron cables. The amps deliver 18 watts into 8 ohms from a 300B. Upgrade options are available for this model, see upgrade options at end.
The chassis is black powder coated aluminum as is the transformer cover. The top plate and badge are mirror finished stainless steel.
A front volume control and mono inputs on the rear means that a pre-amplifier is not necessary with this unit, but is advised . It will take almost any 300B (Unit is supplied with JJ 300B tubes).
This Audion amplifier has mono inputs and both 4 and 8 ohm outputs. The PP in our opinion is more bass heavy than the PSE but also less refined. The greater power output is better suited to less efficient loudspeakers. It is a very musical amp, but critical of very well matched and balanced tubes, ideal where power is needed.
Components of the Audion components:
- Transformers and chokes are design and handmade by Audion: Mains, chokes and output transformers.
- Superior quality parts sourced from Europe or the US. Even the capacitors are made to Audion’s exacting specifications.
- Chassis’ are finished in-house which includes powder coating and electroplating to ensure quality.
- Special voicing of Audion amplifiers requires every part be meticulously designed to meet their standards.
- Every component is hand built usually point to point. Once burned in they listen again in case they are not satisfied before releasing each unit.