Event-RCA Mk.II is our top model and defines the apex of value in high-end audio RCA-type cabling. They have the widest bandwidth, with the least distortion, with the highest RF immunity and the tightest left/right channel tolerances in the business.
Hear your music again for the first time… hear things you’ve never heard before… more life-like, making your system even better than real life…. Seriously though, Event RCA Mk.II really performs and if you’re in the market for top-shelf interconnects you really should put these new Mk.II Event-RCA cables on your list—we back ‘em up with our no-hassle 60-days satisfaction guarantee so you can try ‘em, with your own gear, with your music and without sales pressure so you can know for yourself.
Event-RCA Mk.II is designed for your single-ended, line-level two-channel interconnection needs. It gives the best possible protection from RF noise, the widest bandwidth, and the most convincing transmission of stereophonic content—left and right channels being nearly perfectly matched with signal of each channel propagating within the same dielectric space. While the dialectic space is shared between left and right, each is positioned so one cannot see or crosstalk to the other. This elimination of crosstalk and reduction of capacitance helps ensure the intelligence of each channel remain independent and pristine.
Our PTFE-VC Teflon® insulation skins the conductors of signal and return and is the structure that sets the cables characteristic impedances. Teflon® is used for its very low dielectric constant, no other commercially available insulator has as good a dielectric behavior as this Teflon® based dielectric.
Conductor used in Event-RCA Mk.II is the highest purity North American mined, smelted, refined and drawn silver. How this pure material is used within the E&M model yields all of the benefits of silver but without the cheaper off-the-shelf stuff’s glare, lean tone, or edginess. In fact, Event-RCA Mk.II is a very relaxed and harmonically dense, life-like sounding cable. We think this is only achieved when emphasis is placed on the E&M architecture; materials simply serving the electrodynamics and target sound.
What is the difference between the RCA and XLR cables, save for the connectors? A question we occasionally get. Well, they are quite different despite looking the same. RCA (single-ended typically) signals and the corresponding cable behave very differently from XLR and we have addressed and designed for the unique features of both. Event XLR Mk.II is balanced and places the left signal in the virtual ground of the right, and vise versa.
The result our hard work and excellent, ever advancing craftsmanship is a state-of the-art performing RCA cable that is highly RF immune, easy to work with, can be ran for very long lengths, and is not totally insane in price (relative).
EVENT-RCA MK.II KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Zu/Gore® shared dielectric two-channel, single-ended, quasi-balanced electrodynamic geometry for low electromagnetic interference susceptibility and near perfect left/right measures and behavior. This ensures the highest level of stereophonic realism and reduces reactance so signals remain pristine even in very long lengths.
- Dense electric and magnetic signature, as well as the cables physical dimensions, further guard against RF and other sources of noise and allow for small and easy handling quality.
- The low, uniform and square reactance of Event-RCA Mk.II facilitates long runs without bandwidth loss or phase issues.
- Super consistent impedance characteristics of Event-RCA Mk.II reduce standing waves and contribute to the stable propagation of intelligence in short or long runs.
- Zu Event -RCA Mk.II has no DC offset and features perfect symmetry between left and right channels. Again, the identical relationship between channels guarantees the highest possible recreation of image dimension, density and tone.
- PTFE-VC (Teflon®) + air dielectric with identical electrodynamic relationships provide exceptionally low dielectric constant and super low dissipation factor—features that improve bandwidth, phase relations and overall musical resolution.
- WBT NextGen RCA plugs as they are well designed and mate well with the Event-RCA Mk.II cable.
- Designed and made by Zu Audio in Ogden, Utah—USA.
Available in the following lengths:
0.7 m (27 in)
1.0 m (39 in)
1.2 m (4 ft)
1.5 m (5 ft)
1.8 m (6 ft)
2.4 m (8 ft)
3.1 m (10 ft)
3.7 m (12 ft)
4.6 m (15 ft)
5.5 m (18 ft)
6.1 m (20 ft)
7.6 m (25 ft)
9.1 m (30 ft)